The Information Governance ANZ Mission is to bring together a community of information governance professionals in Australia and New Zealand to develop and promote best practices and innovations in information governance.
The Information Governance ANZ community provides a forum to learn from leading practitioners, keep informed of the latest developments and shape the future development of information governance.
Information Governance ANZ Events
2 May 2018 - Leading Information Governance Information Innovation@UTS and InfoGovANZ event
Information Governance is an ever more critical capability for organizations - how the risks of information collected and stored are managed and how information can be leveraged to create and deliver value. Developing this capability requires leadership.
Leading Information Governance Panel
David Fricker - Director-General at the National Archives of Australia Susan Bennett - Principal of Sibenco Legal & Advisory and Co-founder and Director of Information Governance ANZ Christopher Colwell - Fellow, Life Member and former director of Records and Information Management Professionals Australasia
Date: 2 May 2018 Time: 6:00 - 7:30 PM Venue: UTS (Location TBS, near Central Station)
24 and 30 May - An evening with Jason R. Baron Presidential tweets, Self-destructing messages and the use of Shadow IT as the 'new normal': The need for Information Governance more than ever
Join us for an evening with Jason R. Baron, international keynote speaker and global Information Governance expert, and Co-Chair of US think-tank the Information Governance Initiative. Jason is a Washington DC lawyer who previously served as the first appointed Director of Litigation for the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration and as trial lawyer and senior counsel at the Department of Justice. He was named one of eDiscovery's trailblazers in The American Lawyer, August 2013 issue devoted to the ‘Top 50 Big Law Innovators of the Last 50 Years’.
Jason R. Baron - Co-Chair Information Governance Initiative Rachel Dixon - Privacy & Data Protection Commissioner - Victoria Paul Noonan - Technology Partner, Thomson Geer
Date: 24 May, 2018 Host: Thomson Geer, Melbourne
Jason R. Baron - Co-Chair Information Governance Initiative Samantha Gavel - Privacy Commissioner - New South Wales Simon Burns - Technology Partner, Gilbert + Tobin
Date: 30 May, 2018 Host: Gilbert +Tobin, Sydney
Past Information Governance ANZ Events
- 3 & 4 October: iappANZ 2017 Summit | Privacy & Personalisation: Walking The Line
- 23 May: The Search for Meaning: Cutting Through the Noise - Sydney Workshop
- 23 March: Information Governance ANZ - Auckland Launch
- 22 February: Thought Leadership Series: IG, cybersecurity & privacy protection - Sydney
- 16 November: De-identification - GovInnovate Summit - Canberra
- 25 October: GDPR Workshop - Brisbane
- 26 October: Information Governance ANZ - Canberra Event
- 1 September: Information Governance ANZ - Melbourne Launch
- 25 August: Information Governance ANZ - Sydney Launch
- 5 - 7 July: Information Governance Australia 2016