29 September 2020
Information Governance ANZ was delighted to host NSW Information Commissioner Elizabeth Tydd, Victorian Information Commissioner Sven Bluemmel and Senior Research Fellow, University of Cambridge Dr Jat Singh to discuss the right to access information and the use of algorithms in government decision-making.
Out of stock
Celebrating Right to Know 2020 with a timely discussion on the right to access information and the use of algorithms in government decision-making.
The increasing adoption of technology across society, including in government, requires the preservation, assurance and assertion of information access rights.
We were joined by our special guests:
- NSW Information Commissioner – Elizabeth Tydd
- Victorian Information Commissioner – Sven Bluemmel
- Senior Research Fellow, University of Cambridge – Dr Jat Singh
This interactive forum was facilitated by Susan Bennett, Founder of InfoGovANZ and covered:
- Case examples challenging algorithmic transparency in government decision-making
- How does automated decision-making technology work?
- The right to access information held in a government record and how that right may also apply to information held by contractors providing services to the public
- Why there is a need for greater focus on fundamental principles of good governance in the design and use of algorithms
- What the future legal frameworks for the public sector will need to encompass for the use of algorithms
- What should government licensing and contracts include in the provision of government services and decision making to meet right to access obligations
Date: September 29, 2020
Start time: 01:00 p.m. AEST
End time: 02:30 p.m. AEST
Venue: Zoom Meeting
Privacy Awareness Week 2021Complimentary
3 May 2021 – 9 May 2021
Privacy Awareness Week(PAW) is an important reminder to protect personal information and make privacy a priority. Safeguarding data is more essential than ever, as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect the way we work and socialise, with many Australians spending more time online.
InfoGovANZ is a proud supporter of PAW and encourages all members to make privacy a priority.
InfoGovANZ MeetnGreets – AprilComplimentary
22 & 29 April 2020
To kick off IAM month, we held Meet n Greets to connect with our IGANZ community, discussing current and emerging IG COVID-19 issues, working remotely and more.View Details
IG: Combining Decision-making and Data to Drive ResultsComplimentary
24 February 2021
How to connect your decision makers with the right information at the right time is a critical issue for organisations.
Information overload and the lack of unified information governance is an issue for many organisations. This virtual forum explored some of the problems this causes for organisations and how to improve performance and outcomes.View Details
Informed About Your Changing EnvironmentComplimentary
1 May 2020
National Archives Australia, InfoGovANZ, RIMPA, IIM, ASA, ALIA, DAMA, HIMAA in launched Information Awareness Month(IAM) 2020 with a webinar themed: Informed about your Changing Environment.View Details