29 September 2020
Information Governance ANZ was delighted to host NSW Information Commissioner Elizabeth Tydd, Victorian Information Commissioner Sven Bluemmel and Senior Research Fellow, University of Cambridge Dr Jat Singh to discuss the right to access information and the use of algorithms in government decision-making.
Celebrating Right to Know 2020 with a timely discussion on the right to access information and the use of algorithms in government decision-making.
The increasing adoption of technology across society, including in government, requires the preservation, assurance and assertion of information access rights.
We were joined by our special guests:
- NSW Information Commissioner – Elizabeth Tydd
- Victorian Information Commissioner – Sven Bluemmel
- Senior Research Fellow, University of Cambridge – Dr Jat Singh
This interactive forum was facilitated by Susan Bennett, Founder of InfoGovANZ and covered:
- Case examples challenging algorithmic transparency in government decision-making
- How does automated decision-making technology work?
- The right to access information held in a government record and how that right may also apply to information held by contractors providing services to the public
- Why there is a need for greater focus on fundamental principles of good governance in the design and use of algorithms
- What the future legal frameworks for the public sector will need to encompass for the use of algorithms
- What should government licensing and contracts include in the provision of government services and decision making to meet right to access obligations
Date: September 29, 2020
Start time: 01:00 p.m. AEST
End time: 02:30 p.m. AEST
Venue: Zoom Meeting
What Dark Data Are You Storing? Data Mapping Best Practices and Strategies for MinimisationComplimentary
26 August 2020
Information Governance ANZ was delighted to host Active Navigation’s Chief Revenue Officer, Dean Gonsowski, Esq. and Simon Costello, VP APAC, as they demonstrated how to manage dark data at scale to minimise risks and liabilities.View Details
Information Governance Frameworks and ImplementationComplimentary
25 March 2021
Covering how the Building trust in the public record: managing information and data for government and community requires Federal Government Agencies to have an IG Framework to manage information assets (records, information and data) and IG, what an IG framework is, aligning the IG framework, policies and people to deliver on organisational objectives.View Details
InfoGovANZ MeetnGreet – OctoberComplimentary
14 October 2020
This MeetnGreet provided a forum to discuss the IG challenges for records compliance and eDiscovery with the rise of collaborative platforms (e.g. Teams and Slack) and changing communications methods including the use of multiple communication channels and emojis in business communications.View Details
Migration, MIP, Metadata and MoreComplimentary
2 December 2020
Experts Andrew Cowan and Simon Costello from ActiveNav and special guest Ajay Iyer from Microsoft shared best practices about M365 governance. They tackled all the ‘M’s: migration, metadata and MIP labelling, and why we need to think about governance as an evolving process.View Details