Join us to hear about the latest data privacy developments across APAC and hear from our special guests:
- John Edwards, NZ Privacy Commissioner
- Dr Clarisse Girot, Senior Research Fellow, Asian Business Law Institute
- Daimhin Warner, Simply Privacy Director and InfoGovANZ International Council
This interactive forum will be facilitated by Susan Bennett, Founder of InfoGovANZ and will cover:
- New Zealand’s Privacy Act 2020, which comes into force on 1 December 2020 and introduces new limitations on cross-border transfers
- ABLI’s Data Privacy Project on the convergence of regulations on cross-border data transfers in 14 Asian jurisdictions led by Dr Girot, and selected from 850 applications to be showcased at the 3rd edition of the Paris Peace Forum this November
- Implications of the recent Schrems II case, invalidating personal data transfers between the EU and the US and its wider implications for APAC
- NZ Privacy Commissioner’s development of model contractual clauses to facilitate cross-border transfers of personal information
To register please add to cart and follow the prompts. Zoom Webinar access details will be sent 24 hours prior to the event and again on the day of the event. If the email is not visible in your inbox, please check your ‘other’ or ‘junk’ folders.
For first-time attendees of InfoGovANZ events, you will need to set up an account before registering for our webinars. This webinar is intended for members, professional practitioners and our sponsors. If you would like to become a sponsor, please contact us here.