With over 20 years’ experience, Sonya is a highly regarded subject matter expert in public records, information access and information governance.
Sonya has held senior public policy and advisory roles, developing legislation and international standards, providing strategic policy advice and implementing sector-wide reforms in areas such as digital transformation, data sharing and open government, in Australia and internationally.
She is a member of the cross-jurisdictional, cross-sector Data Sharing Taskforce convened by the Australian Computer Society (ACS); and a member of the International Organization for Standardization ISO/IEC JTC001/SC32/WG6 Joint Technical Committee Working Group on Data Usage. Sonya’s passion is helping people create, find, use and share information, for better business and more connected communities. She brings to the Advisory Board a commitment to building partnerships between industry sectors and professional disciplines.
Sonya is a former councilor of the Australian Society of Archivists (ASA) and was Deputy Chair of the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) NSW Council. She holds a Bachelor of Applied Science (Library & Information Studies), a Graduate Certificate in Archives and Records Management, and certificates in electronic records management and advanced public policy development.
Sonya's articles and webinars
- Hindsights and Insights Report – Information governance reflections on 2020 and insights for 2021
- Key learnings from 2020 | Actions and Insights for 2021 panel
- Integrated information governance: InfoSec and RM working together for safer sharing
- APAC Privacy Law Update: Cross Border Transfers Highlights
- AI Transparency in Digital Government Highlights
- FOI and Building Trust
- COVID-19 - Global Open Data Initiatives
- Information Governance 2020
- Information Governance & COVID-19 Panel Recording
- Information Governance + COVID-19 Panel Highlights