Collection of your personal information
Information Governance ANZ brings together professionals from different organisations to develop and promote information governance best practices and innovations. We collect your personal information to provide services to you and to help us to carry out our business. The main ways we collect your personal information are:
- when you give it directly to us, for example when you contact us via the website, subscribe to receive Information Governance ANZ communications, or send us email
- for events such as seminars, functions, conferences
- when a third party gives us information, or we seek information from a third party, in the course of our normal business, for example, we are seeking to invite people to an event or to offer them a service or product
- undertaking activities, either directly or indirectly through our service providers, such as surveys, website analytics and email campaign management or
- have business dealings with us
The personal information we will collect or hold from you, will usually include your name, title, business contact details including email address, areas of interest in relation to events or offerings we provide and information about our dealings with you. Situations where we may use your personal information include to communicate new developments and marketing material.
Use of your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
· verify your identity and manage your membership
· help us understand and respond to your interests and needs
· retain a record of your attendance at events
· communicate with you about our website and publications
· to inform you of events, including seminars and conferences (unless you elect not to receive such information)
· to inform you about the products or services of our sponsors (unless you elect not to receive such information)
If, at anytime, you do not wish to receive these kinds of communications, please contact us using the details below or log-in to our website.
Third party providers
We may give your details to a third party for related purposes that you would expect, such as to include you in relevant events, seminars, conferences or discussions.
We may disclose personal information overseas to third parties in our normal course of business. When such a disclosure occurs, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles, such as ensuring provisions in our contract with the service provider include protecting the personal information.
Our marketing material is sent to members and non-members of Information Governance ANZ about whom we hold records to provide information about our services which may be of personal and/or professional benefit. These products and services may extend beyond those provided by Information Governance ANZ and include offers from third parties.
We give you the chance to opt-out of receiving marketing material in our communications with you, such as forms, or emails, or you can opt-out by contacting us using the details below or log-in to our website.
We disclose the name, title and post nominal of event participants to speakers, organisers, hosts or facilitators under strict conditions to enable them to carry out their role in relation to an event, for example, to organise table lists, or facilitate introductions. We also disclose this information to sponsors and potential sponsors to enable them to assess whether or not to sponsor an event and disclose this to providers of special member offers from time to time under strict conditions.
Contractors and partners
We disclose personal information to contracted service providers who assist us with a number of our functions and services including service providers of technology, data processing, banking, payments, market research, content production and mailing but only for the purpose of fulfilling those services.
Security of personal information
Information Governance ANZ takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected.
When you visit our website, a small text file called a ‘cookie’ is stored on your computer or mobile device to remember your preferences. The Information Governance ANZ website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. We will use reports provided by Google Analytics to evaluate website traffic and webpage usage. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
The Information Governance ANZ website contains links to other sites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and organisations. We suggest you read the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Accessing your personal information
If you wish to access, correct or update any personal information we may hold about you, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at the address provided below. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information or complaints and will endeavor to get back to you within a reasonable timeframe.