Susan Bennett is the Founder & Executive Director of Australian based think tank, Information Governance ANZ (InfoGovANZ), and is building an information governance (IG) community to assist facilitate best practice and drive more holistic IG solutions linked to global best practice.
Susan is relied upon as a thought leader in the IG domain. As an independent lawyer, governance consultant and frequent speaker at key industry events, she helps organisations manage their data and information better with governance frameworks, strategies and solutions that maximise value and minimise risk.
Susan brings to InfoGovANZ a wealth of professional experience and a dedication to building the think tank to leadership position for IG in Australia and New Zealand.
Susan advises locally and internationally on:
- Information and Data Governance frameworks, policies and procedures – how to maximise the value of data while minimising the risks and costs of holding it.
- Privacy and Data Breach – policy development and procedures, privacy-by-design and data breach response.
- Corporate Governance frameworks, policies and procedures to achieve organisational objectives.
- Legal Project Management – timely delivery of projects within budget through the effective use of technology and people.
- Workshops and Presentations – helping leaders achieve strategic objectives and manage risks.
Susan holds a Master of Business Administration (AGSM) and a Master of Laws (Syd), is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) and Principal of Sibenco Legal & Advisory. She Chairs WG6 APAC International Electronic Information Management of the US based legal think tank Sedona, and is a member of WG 11 Data Security and Privacy Liability. Susan is a Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia (FGIA)and a member and graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
Susan’s Speaking Engagements:
- InfoGovANZ Webinar – Building Trust in the Public Record, Facilitator, November 2020
- ARMA InfoCon 2020 – ARMA International, Australasia Keynote Presentation – InfoGov 2020: A Global Perspective from Down Under, October 2020
- InfoGovANZ Webinar – Draft Data Availability and Transparency Bill, Facilitator, October 2020
- InfoGovANZ Webinar – APAC Privacy Law Update: Cross-Border Transfers, Facilitator, October 2020
- InfoGovANZ Webinar – AI Transparency in Digital Government, Facilitator, September 2020
- IAPP KnowledgeNet Panel Discussion - Redefining Privacy in the post Pandemic era - Panel member, June 2020
- InfoGovANZ Webinar - Presentation with Eric Mandel, EDRM & InfoGovANZ – Information Governance Models, May 2020
- InfoGovANZ Webinar - ARMA’s Information Governance Implementation Model – IGIM - Facilitator, May 2020
- InfoGovANZ Webinar - Information and Data Framework & National Archives of Australia Policy work - Facilitator, May 2020
- InfoGovANZ Webinar - Information Governance & COVID-19 - Panel Facilitator, May 2020
- Information Awareness Month(IAM) 2020 Finale - Informed about your Changing Environment - Panel member, May 2020
- Legalwise, 13th Annual In-house Counsel Conference – Presentation: A Guide to Litigation for In-House Counsel: Getting there Efficiently, Sydney, March 2020 (see also interview Managing Litigation Efficiently and Other Challenges Faced by In-House Counsel)
- Australia and New Zealand’s COVID-19 Contact Tracing Apps – Differences in Approach on the Road to Recovery
- Information Governance Key to Good Corporate Governance
- Legalweek NYC 2020 - the Down Under Perspective
- Big Data, Privacy and Information Governance: implementing an ethical based assessment
- Corporate Governance in the digital economy: the critical importance of Information Governance
- Data as a Strategic National Resource: The Importance of Governance and Data Protection
- Information Governance: Optimising the Lifeblood of Organisations
- Legaltech and Legalweek NYC 2019
- RIMPA Live Convention 2019
- Social Media Perils in Litigation - insights into the latest Discovery technology, techniques and obligations
- Australia's new Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme: Is your Data Breach Response Plan up to date?
- Corporate Governance in the Digital Economy: The critical importance of Information Governance
- Data Sharing and Release Bill (Response to Issues Paper)
- GDPR: Change to European Privacy Laws and its impact on Australian Businesses
- Highlights of the IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2018
- Unpacking the Benefits of Information Governance
- A Practical Guide to Information Governance
- Information Governance Leadership - Controlling Data and Information to Achieve Strategic Objectives
- Privacy and Data Breaches: How Information Governance Minimises the Risk
- What is Information Governance and how does it differ from Data Governance?
- Why Information Governance Needs Top-Down Leadership