Susan Bennett is the Founder & Executive Director of InfoGovANZ and is building an Information Governance community to assist facilitate best practice and drive more holistic solutions linked to global best practice.
Susan is relied upon as a global thought leader in Information Governance. Her focus is on driving best practice holistic governance solutions aligning data, information, privacy and records with technology and regulatory compliance to achieve organisational goals.
As an independent lawyer and governance consultant, Susan helps organisations strategically govern and manage their data and information with strategies and solutions that maximise value and minimise risk.
Susan is a regular speaker at Australian and international conferences. She holds a Master of Business Administration (AGSM), a Master of Laws (Syd) and is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) and Principal of Sibenco Legal & Advisory. Susan is a Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia (FGIA) and a member and graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
Susan’s Speaking Engagements:
- Australian Institute of Company Directors, Digital Directors - Effective governance of your digital assets, Panel member, February 2022
- Information Awareness Day 2022, Digital Transformation and Trusted Information: The future of Information Professionals, Moderator, Adelaide, May 2022
- Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner, Privacy Awareness Week Panel Discussion - Public Trust in an Information Age, Moderator, Sydney, May 2022
- InfoGovANZ - Covid-19: Data & Privacy: what have we learned? Facilitator, May 2022
- American Bar Association Cross-Border Institute: The Intersection of Global Discovery, Privacy and Data Security, Moderator, Strategic Governance of Technology, Data and Information; and Panel member, Data Protection and Cyber Security in China, Amsterdam, July 2022
Susan’s Articles & Publications:
- The Information Governance Primer – a comprehensive guide to build and improve information governance within organisations
- IAPP Global Summit Report 2022
- Hindsights and Insights Report – Information governance reflections on 2020 and insights for 2021
- Australia and New Zealand’s COVID-19 Contact Tracing Apps – Differences in Approach on the Road to Recovery
- Information Governance Key to Good Corporate Governance
- Legalweek NYC 2020 - the Down Under Perspective