10 March 2021
It is increasingly clear that organisations need to have robust governance in place to ensure safety, privacy, accountability and transparency in algorithms. This discussion on ethical artificial intelligence (AI) provided a greater understanding about the tools your organisations can use to alleviate ethical concerns.
“Any business should ensure that its decision-making is fair, accurate and avoids bias or discrimination. This proposition should be equally true for decision-making that uses AI systems” – Australian Human Rights Commission
It is increasingly clear that organisations need to have robust governance in place to ensure safety, privacy, accountability and transparency in algorithms.
This virtual discussion on ethical artificial intelligence (AI) provided a greater understanding about the tools your organisations can use to alleviate ethical concerns.
Facilitator Susan Bennett, InfoGovANZ Founder & Executive Director, was joined by special guests:
- Edward Santow – Australian Human Rights Commissioner
- Elizabeth Tydd – NSW Information Commissioner
- Aurelie Jacquet – Chair of the Australian Standards Committee on AI
- Lee Wan Sie – Director (Trusted AI & Data), Info-Communications Media Development Authority
- What is ethical AI?
- How do you address bias when using AI to make automated decisions fairer?
- How can organisations operationalise AI principles?
- What is algorithmic transparency in government decision-making?
- What do government agencies need to do to protect information access rights of citizens where automated decisions are made?
Date: March 10, 2021
Start time: 12:00 AEDT
End time: 13:30 AEDT
Venue: Zoom Meeting
InfoGovANZ MeetnGreets – AprilComplimentary
22 & 29 April 2020
To kick off IAM month, we held Meet n Greets to connect with our IGANZ community, discussing current and emerging IG COVID-19 issues, working remotely and more.View Details
Latest from Legal Week NYC 2020Complimentary
21 February 2020
An InfoGovANZ, ITLA and ALSM roundtable discussing the highlight of Legal Week NYC 2020 including the latest developments from LegalTech and Sedona WG6 Annual Meeting 2020 at New York Law School.View Details
AI Transparency in Digital GovernmentComplimentary
29 September 2020
Information Governance ANZ was delighted to host NSW Information Commissioner Elizabeth Tydd, Victorian Information Commissioner Sven Bluemmel and Senior Research Fellow, University of Cambridge Dr Jat Singh to discuss the right to access information and the use of algorithms in government decision-making.View Details
The Future of Privacy Professionals in Data and Information Governance – InfoGovANZ & IAPP Knowledge NetAUD $55.00 + gst
21 October 2021
Privacy and governance experts explain the link between privacy, data and information governance, and why all privacy professionals should learn more about this space.View Details