Dr Peter Chapman brings expertise in cybersecurity and Information Governance. He is currently a Director in the KPMG Forensic Technology practice and his previous employment includes positions as a Director leading the Sydney Forensic IT practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Acting Sergeant in the NSW Police High Tech Crime Unit.
Over the course of a combined 20 years in these roles, Peter has undertaken analysis of electronic evidence in hundreds of criminal and civil matters, presented expert evidence to state and federal courts, investigated and remediated internal and external data breaches for numerous organisations, managed complex electronic discovery environments, and provided advice to government, public and private organisations in relation to cybersecurity and IT governance related issues.
Peter holds a Diploma of Policing, Bachelor in Computer Science, Master of Business Administration and a doctorate with a thesis examining accounting information systems and IT governance. He is also a Certified Computer Examiner and Certified Information Security Systems Professional.
You can read more about Peter and his career journey in his interview for the Governance of Things.
Peter’s articles and webinars:
- Information Governance Industry Report 2021 Panel
- Cybersecurity & IG Insights 2021
- Hindsights and Insights Report – Information governance reflections on 2020 and insights for 2021
- Key learnings from 2020 | Actions and Insights for 2021 panel
- Information Governance & COVID-19 Panel
- Automated Speech Recognition
- Broken Trust – The Information Security Dangers of Insider Threats
- IG & Cloud Computing Roundtable Report
- Information Governance 2020
- Information Governance + COVID-19 Panel Report