Susan Bennett is the Founder & Executive Director of Australian based think tank, Information Governance ANZ (InfoGovANZ), and is building an information governance (IG) community to assist facilitate best practice and drive more holistic IG solutions linked to global best practice.
Susan is relied upon as a thought leader in the IG domain. As an independent lawyer, governance consultant and frequent speaker at key industry events, she helps organisations manage their data and information better with governance frameworks, strategies and solutions that maximise value and minimise risk.
Susan brings to InfoGovANZ a wealth of professional experience and a dedication to building the think tank to leadership position for IG in Australia and New Zealand.
Susan advises locally and internationally on:
- Information and Data Governance frameworks, policies and procedures – how to maximise the value of data while minimising the risks and costs of holding it.
- Privacy and Data Breach – policy development and procedures, privacy-by-design and data breach response.
- Corporate Governance frameworks, policies and procedures to achieve organisational objectives.
- Legal Project Management – timely delivery of projects within budget through the effective use of technology and people.
- Workshops and Presentations – helping leaders achieve strategic objectives and manage risks.
Susan holds a Master of Business Administration (AGSM) and a Master of Laws (Syd), is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) and Principal of Sibenco Legal & Advisory. She Chairs WG6 APAC International Electronic Information Management of the US based legal think tank Sedona, and is a member of WG 11 Data Security and Privacy Liability. Susan is a Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia (FGIA) and a member and graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
Susan’s Speaking Engagements:
- InfoGovANZ & IAPP Knowledge Net - The Future of Privacy Professionals in Data and Information Governance, Panellist, October 2021
- InfoGovANZ - Opening Government – Contemporary Opportunities and Challenges, Facilitator, September 2021
- Micro Focus - Information Management & Governance Forum 2021, Key Note Presentation, IG Industry Report 2021, August 2021
- InfoGovANZ - Protection of Personal Information in Universities – insights and recommendations, Facilitator, July 2021
- InfoGovANZ - eDiscovery and Collaborative Platforms, Facilitator, June 2021
Susan’s Articles & Publications:
- The Information Governance Primer – a comprehensive guide to build and improve information governance within organisations
- Hindsights and Insights Report – Information governance reflections on 2020 and insights for 2021
- Australia and New Zealand’s COVID-19 Contact Tracing Apps – Differences in Approach on the Road to Recovery
- Information Governance Key to Good Corporate Governance
- Legalweek NYC 2020 - the Down Under Perspective