Information Governance ANZ and Nuix were delighted to host an exclusive virtual forum for senior executives on the critical role of data and information in crisis situations to make timely and effective decisions and take appropriate actions.
Fast tracking digital transformation and changes to standard business processes have created a perfect storm scenario for cyber-crime and data breaches. The current pandemic highlights the importance of robust information governance and sound decision making that is accountable and will withstand later scrutiny.
We were joined by special guests:
- NSW Information Commissioner – Elizabeth Tydd
- Director-General of the National Archives of Australia – David Fricker
- Forensic Technologist – Dr Peter Chapman, KPMG.
The forum was facilitated by Susan Bennett, Founder, InfoGovANZ and the discussion covered:
- The role of data and information in decision-making and accountability now and down the post pandemic road;
- How to ensure senior executives and Boards have access to accurate and real-time data and information during crisis situations;
- The duty to document and record continues during crisis – what are the consequences where this doesn’t happen?
- What are the technology risks during crisis situations, including the dangers and risks of use in shadow IT?
- How to mitigate the risks involved in remote working and data control/breaches.