NSW pioneered the charge for a consistent push towards the Government organising, integrating, sharing and utilising data-led innovation to advance citizen outcomes and government policies.
The COVID pandemic expedited data sharing across government departments and the Commonwealth, and it is now timely to discuss the role of governance in data initiatives, privacy and information sharing. Please join us on Tuesday, 18th May 2021 for a virtual discussion in celebration of Open Government week.
Facilitator Susan Bennett, InfoGovANZ Founder & Executive Director, will be joined by special guests:
- The Hon. Victor Dominello MP – Minister for Digital, Minister for Customer Service
- Elizabeth Tydd – NSW Information Commissioner
- Dr Ian Opperman – Chief Data Scientist, NSW Government
Our discussion will cover:
- How NSW’s pioneering data sharing program was utilised for COVID-19 initiatives
- What are the keys to ensure confidence and legality in data sharing?
- How is the balance struck between data led initiatives for citizens and government policies?
- The role of governance in data initiatives, privacy and information sharing.
If this particular educational activity extends your knowledge and skills in areas that are relevant to your practice needs or professional development, then you may claim one (1) “unit” for each hour of attendance.
Zoom Webinar access details will be sent 24 hours prior to the event and again on the day of the event. If the email is not visible in your inbox, please check your ‘other’ or ‘junk’ folders.
For first-time attendees of InfoGovANZ events, you will need to set up an account before registering for our webinars. This event is intended for members, professional practitioners and our sponsors. If you would like to become a sponsor, please contact us here.